WinxClub!
Welcome to WinxClub! Forum,

We've just recently added new updates. Go check'em out in the News section. Do you have any friends you would like to ask to join this site? Carry on, I would be more than delighted to have your friends here.

Have a warm visit to the Forum!

Thanks,
Yours Trully,
The WinxClub! Team.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WinxClub!
Welcome to WinxClub! Forum,

We've just recently added new updates. Go check'em out in the News section. Do you have any friends you would like to ask to join this site? Carry on, I would be more than delighted to have your friends here.

Have a warm visit to the Forum!

Thanks,
Yours Trully,
The WinxClub! Team.
WinxClub!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Welcome to the Winx Club Forums!
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:40 am by WinxClub!

» new games in the site!^^
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 pm by arura

» I'm new................
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:28 am by Sparklingsunstella

» ~*Forum Counseling - To Keep the Peace*~
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 6:43 am by blomwinx06

» Hey, um...I'm new
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:32 pm by WinxyGirl101010101

» winx art contest
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:14 am by rosy_enchantra

» a new trick i found out in the forums!
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:27 pm by glimr

» THE SWEETEST GIRL
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 am by blossom tulip

» Somebody's Leaving This Site !
Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:20 am by Caity

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 39 on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:55 pm
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots.

3 posters

Go down

Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. Empty Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:22 am

Bots.

What are they?

Bot's, short for "Robots"
A quick definition from Wikipedia, verified by numerous sites across the web.

Wikipedia wrote:
Internet bots, also known as web robots, WWW robots or simply bots, are software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet. Typically, bots perform tasks that are both simple and structurally repetitive, at a much higher rate than would be possible for a human alone. The largest use of bots is in web spidering, in which an automated script fetches, analyses and files information from web servers at many times the speed of a human. Each server can have a file called robots.txt, containing rules for the spidering of that server that the bot is supposed to obey.

In addition to their uses outlined above, bots may also be implemented where a response speed faster than that of humans is required (e.g., gaming bots and auction-site robots) or less commonly in situations where the emulation of human activity is required, for example chat bots.

What do these robot's do?

99% of Internet Bots usually just "reference" your site to increase their knowledge of it, and give the most accurate & up-to-date information about your site.
In addition, when the Google Bot visit's your site, it also is giving you a "Cache" version of your site.

So what's the other, remaining 1% of these bot's?

Well, this 1% is an astonishingly large amount of bot's.
These very rare & very few bots can do what the other bot's cannot do.
They can:

Register on your site

Create NEW topic's on your site

Reply to current topic's on your site

Spam your forum

So, how exactly can I tell who's a bot, and who's not a bot?

Well, there's no rule of thumb to detect weather or not it is a bot unfortunately.
However they generally have a really "out there" names such as "123456789sdjhiuj" which can also be a spammer, the other way you could tell is it has a really stupid email address.

I want to know what bot's are enabled on my forum, can I do it?

Yes you can, just add "/robots.txt" to the end of your forum's URL, so it will look like: http://help.forumotion.com/robots.txt

Can I control these bot's?

No, as forumotion does not allow user's to access their database they cannot access the Bot's management.
However, if you want you CAN disallow robot's visiting your site altogether. This is strongly not-recommended as it will decrease your "Google Page Reference" and possibly decrease the number of people visiting the forum.
If you still want to disallow the bot's from visiting, then =>
Navigate to: Admin panel >> Display ( Tab ) >> Homepage / Generalities >> Scroll down until you see "Additional meta tags" >> Click the >> Select the default "Create a meta tag type", then fill in the details:
"name" attribute : Robots
"content" attribute : noindex, nofollow

Now just hit "Add" If you get a blank page, just give it a few minutes and refresh
If it exceeds 5 minutes, just go to the URL bar, and remove everything but your forums url, thus making it the basic URL.

So on the support forum it would look like: http://help.forumotion.com/admin/index.forum?part=themes⊂=index&mode=tags&action=edit_tag&tag_id=0&extended_admin=1&sid=f9a5282903c2f290955ab0b03937b667

Then when I make it the basic URL it looks like: http://help.forumotion.com

So, what bot mean's what?

Google bot
The Google bot is the bot from our friend Google, he's just referencing your forum for their database.
He will visit your forum daily no matter what your activity is.

Yahoo! bot
The Yahoo! bot is the bot from Yahoo!.
He is also just referencing your forum, however you need a few members on your forum to persude him to view your forum

Msn bot
This is the bot from Microsoft, msn, bing.com.
You have to have HUGE popularity for him to visit your forum.

Note: It may take up to 3 full weeks for your forum to be index on any one of these bot's.

And that's all, friends!

Back to top Go down

Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. Empty Re: Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots.

Post by bloomelecblue Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:43 am

cool thanks it must have tocen u so long to do that :affraid:
bloomelecblue
bloomelecblue

http://twilightandwinxclub.twilight-mania.com

Back to top Go down

Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots. Empty Re: Notice some bots here? Wondering what are they doing here? Read this for more information about spam-bots.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:13 am

bloomelecblue wrote:cool thanks it must have tocen u so long to do that :affraid:
Not really, bloomelecblue. I type fast but I also feel that it's taking a lot of time!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BloomFrumusica Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:33 am

Thank you for Answer ! :albino:
BloomFrumusica
BloomFrumusica
Mini-moderator
Mini-moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:47 am

BloomFrumusica wrote:Thank you for Answer ! :albino:
You're welcome, Samy. The 15 bots left are the excact ones that are in www.winxclub.com right? They can:

Register on your site

Create NEW topic's on your site

Reply to current topic's on your site

Spam your forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:27 pm

wow thats cool but did you know google bot is a good one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:24 am

Um... why is a Google bot the good one??? Hm...

Back to top Go down

Post by beautyzaza Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:13 pm

If you don't mind.....I would like to create a topic for bots ....If anyone sees any bot he tells me...like the one Kichoro made ........I noticed some bots here....But I deleted they're posts

beautyzaza
Administrator

http://beautyzaza.twilight-mania.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:23 pm

Really? There were really some "spam-bot messages"!?! Hm... never seen any but I think they've been deleted all by you... Let's see.... Yes, create the topic in "HELP!" Forum if you like!! ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down